How to distinguish LED lamps, incandescent lamps, mercury lamps, halogen lamps, etc.?
1. Working principle: Incandescent lamp is also called tungsten filament lamp. LED street lamp manufacturers are a kind of solid-state cold light source, which has the characteristics of environmental protection, no pollution, low power consumption, high light efficiency, and long life. Therefore, LED street lamps will become a good choice for energy-saving transformation of road lighting. LED street light is a high-efficiency solid-state light source formed based on a semiconductor PN junction that can emit light with weak electric energy. Under a certain forward bias voltage and injection current, the holes injected into the P area and the electrons injected into the N area are in After being diffused to the active area, photons are emitted through radiation recombination, which directly converts electrical energy into light energy. When current passes through the filament, a lot of heat is generated, making the temperature of the filament higher than 2000 degrees Celsius and in an incandescent state, so it is called an incandescent lamp. LED street light is a high-efficiency solid-state light source formed based on a semiconductor PN junction that can emit light with weak electric energy. Under a certain forward bias voltage and injection current, the holes injected into the P area and the electrons injected into the N area are in After being diffused to the active area, photons are emitted through radiation recombination, which directly converts electrical energy into light energy.
2. Advantages: The incandescent lamp is close to the sun, the color rendering index is as high as 99-100, and the price is low.
Disadvantages: Only about 10% of the electricity consumed by incandescent lamps can be converted into light energy, and the rest is lost in the form of heat energy. The service life is usually no more than 1000 hours. Two words: energy saving, short life span.
Abstract: Although the price of incandescent lamps is cheap and good, they have high power consumption and short life span. Most of the electricity is used for heating, and their performance is far lower than that of the new generation of light sources. Therefore, it is required to gradually withdraw from the market.
Two, halogen lamp (commonly known as lamp cup, cup lamp, spotlight)
This kind of lamp cup is commonly used in most households.
1. Working principle: A variant of the incandescent lamp. The principle is to inject halogen gas such as iodine or bromine into the bulb. Under high temperature, the tungsten wire will sublime and the halogen will react chemically. The cooled tungsten will re-solidify on the tungsten wire. Form a balanced cycle to avoid premature breakage of the tungsten wire. Therefore, halogen bulbs last longer than incandescent bulbs.
2. Advantages: close to the continuous spectrum of sunlight, good color rendering, color index above 95, and the price is relatively cheap. Small size, good lighting control, suitable for spotlights.
3. Disadvantages: Do not change the nature of incandescent lamps, or heat and emit light, most of which will be lost due to heat, and the light conversion efficiency is not high. The life expectancy has increased to 2000-4000 hours, which is not bad.
Summary: Low price, good color rendering, small size, good light control, suitable for areas that require projection lighting, and higher requirements for the color reproduction of the subject.
Three, fluorescent lamp (commonly known as light stick)
Working principle: Fluorescent lamp is also called fluorescent lamp. The fluorescent lamp is filled with argon and a small amount of mercury, and the inner wall of the lamp is coated with phosphor powder. Fluorescent lamps emit ultraviolet light during gas discharge, and phosphors absorb ultraviolet light and emit visible light.
2. Advantages: **The efficiency of fluorescent lamps is higher than that of incandescent lamps.
Three. Disadvantages: poor color rendering, especially early non-tri-color fluorescent lamps. Fluorescent lamps contain harmful elements such as mercury, which are harmful to the environment. In addition, ultraviolet rays and stroboscopic phenomena can also cause damage to human eyes.
Abstract: Due to green lighting, China is the most widely used country in the world, which is also the reason for the use of fluorescent lights. However, as people pay more and more attention to health and environmental protection, the harm caused by fluorescent lamps has also been criticized more and more.
IV. Mercury lamp
1. Working principle: Use mercury discharge to generate mercury vapor to obtain a visible light source. Mercury lamps can be divided into low-pressure mercury lamps, high-pressure mercury lamps and ultra-high-pressure mercury lamps.
2. Advantages: simple structure, low cost and low maintenance cost.