As a form of tent-shaped structure at this point characterized by its flexibility, membrane structure has been frequently appearing in town square, large park and many street spots since the start 21st century, immediately attracting much attention from the public with its richness in shapes and flowing curves.
Combining the thin-film material of high-intensity flexibility and stretched system and forming a structure with a certain degree of rigidity, membrane structure is a high-tech engineering plastics which integrates architecture, structural mechanics, fine chemical engineering and material science. It is widely used in those facilities lots of fields such as sports and fitness, culture and entertainment and traffic and transportation, and the buildings of agriculture and industry a few landmarks.
Such membrane materials as PTFE and PVC are mostly used in producing membrane structures. Ptfe film refers with kind of composite material that is produced by applying Teflon resin in the base cloth weaved with hairline fiberglass and is viewed as its high strength, well durability, fire and inflaming proof, long service life, high light-admitting quality and less heat-absorption endowed by its 73% of solar reflectivity. Membrane material of PVC is an additional kind of composite material that is made by applying PVC resin onto the beds base cloth of polyester fiber. The membrane of PVC, whose service life is usually between 7 to 15 years, is inferior to that of Ptfe film on the intensity and fire-proof capacity.
In addition just traditional requirements in functions, membrane structures possess the following salient advantages:
1. Economy. Fat loss programs definitely membrane structure from the third to one half of that of traditional structure. Seeing that the membrane structure is of the capacity in light transmission, the intensity and time of illumination will be largely reduced in daytime to save much energy, and it will be splendid scenery the actual formed by transmission in night, the fine advertisement.
2. Short construction period. Compared with those traditional architectures, the construction project of membrane structures can at least shorten the construction period to half, and complete into two months while not affecting other projects in progress in the same period.
3. Large course. The membrane material used in membrane structures is light enough to overcome troubles that the traditional structures encounter in large-span (without support) architectures. In addition, the widely visual space without any barrier that the membrane material creates well displays the effectively added space in usage.
4. It possesses the unique appearance, and represents the attractive visual outcomes of variously changeable concerns. Now its application has been spread from the architectures of gym and exhibition individuals of houses and scenery and other kinds of PTFE rod.
5. Self-cleanness: since the membrane material of protective coating is used in the membrane structures, it is not wonder that may well can be washed by the rainfall falling onto the surface of architecture, whose service life is ensured in exactly the same way.